Home made facial masks are very easy to make. There is two types of masks; a relaxing mask and a stimulating mask.Relaxing masks moisturize the skin and refresh the skin. Stimulating masks promote blood flow and firm up the skin. Face masks offer the best protection in the fight against Sars. Dry skin will benefit from hydrating masks made from glycerin, honey and oils. Ginseng or green tea masks are great for soothing skin. Masks (homemade or otherwise) should stay on for 10-15 minutes, should follow with a cleansing and a thin layer of moisturizer. Honey is also use
Facial Masks. Use warm cloth to open pores, smear on honey, leave on 15 to 30 minutes, rinse off with warm water, and then use cold water to close pores. Oily skin use some plain Milk of Magnesia, rub it on and let dry, then rinse with lukewarm water. The best homemade facial mask have used is a raw egg yolk. just apply the raw yolk to your face and neck for 30 minutes and rinse with cool water. Egg yolks are high in vitamin A. For Normal/combination skin mix one egg and 1/2 cup cooked instant oatmeal and a teaspoon olive oil until smooth. Spread on your face and leave 15 min then rinse.
Face masks have been part of beauty regimen of women since ancient times. Many fruits and vegetables can also be used to good effect. Take a nicely ripe 1/4th apple and mash it with a fork and add 1 teaspoon oatmeal and 1 teaspoon honey to it and apply it on the face and leave it on till the mixture dries on the face thoroughly and then rinse it off with ordinary water. This is especially good for all types of skin in the autumn. Avocado Facial Mask-Mash half an avocado and apply it.
Take tomato juice, cucumber juice and lemon juice; add a little calamine powder or gram flour to it. Make a paste and apply it on the skin. Wash off with lukewarm water when dries. It cleanses the skin and adds glow to it. Tomato has toning agents so it helps in toning the open pores caused with oily skin. Dry orange and lemon peels and make a powder. Add rose water and milk cream to it apply on skin. Wash off with water when dry. It clears the complexion and makes the skin tone even. It is extremely useful for highly oily skin.
Various Types of Homemade Facial Masks for Skin
1. Avocado Facial Mask-Mash half an avocado and apply it on the face thoroughly everywhere and let it stay till it dries up completely and then wash it off with cold water.
2. Banana Honey Yogurt Facial Mask-Mash a banana thoroughly and mix it with 1 teaspoon honey and 2 teaspoons yogurt and apply it on the face evenly. Leave it on the face till the skin absorbs.
3. Cucumber Yogurt Facial Mask-Make a puree of ½ a cucumber and 1 tablespoon yogurt in a blender and apply it on the face evenly. Leave it on the face for 10-15 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
4. Cornmeal Facial Mask-Take enough cornmeal which will be required for the face and mix it water and make a thick tight paste and apply it in circular motions to the face and then leave it on for 10-15 minutes.
5. Mud face masks or clay face masks are best suited for oily skin.
6. Egg Almond Facial Mask-This is very good for dry skin. Beat 1 egg and add 1 teaspoon of almond oil to it and mix it thoroughly and apply it on the face evenly and leave it on for around 10-15 minutes. Rinse it off after that with cold water.
7. Clay face masks dry up in a short while after application on the face.
8. Radiance masks make use of vitamins and light diffusers to add glow to dull and lifeless skin. The skin is moisturized and toned to look smooth and young.
9. Firming masks usually come in cream or gel form. They are massaged into the contours of your face that are looser than you would like them to be.
10.Hydrating face masks moisturize dry skin and soothe the moisture-starved skin. An emollient face mask must restore natural oils in the skin and provide the hydro-lipid film on the skin.
11. Peel off masks are usually gel-based. They are applied to the face and then peeled off when dry.